Monday, February 27, 2012

Praise and Glory to God for His Gracious Providence and Answers to Precious Prayers



Faithful Prayer Warriors,

Thank you so much for lifting up this ministry in prayer. I hope you had a chance to listen to John Piper's talk on  prayer and that you found it not only an encouragement, but also a catalyst for your prayer life. It's been about a month since I listened to it, and I feel that I could probably listen to it over and over and still get a renewed sense of drive to pray more. As promised I wanted to update you on what has happened this past week, that I can only give God the glory for, so thank you for your prayers.

I have to have a moment of honesty with you all. I failed at praying each and every night and morning for this ministry, life can get away from me, and that's why I'm so grateful for God's grace. This past Thursday, Matt was unexpectedly asked to speak, and he spoke of God's ever abundant grace, that like a tree, he planted us along this every flowing river of grace. You are God's gracious providence for this ministry, when myself or Matt forgets to pray, we rejoice in God that we have you! This is by no means an excuse for Matt and I not to pray, just God's provision to ensure this campus gets prayed for on a more regular basis than any of us could achieve on our own.

This week Matt and I have seen God's hand at work! We have seen students show a new level of vulnerability as they admit that only through God's strength can they do what He has asked of them. We have seen students recognize spiritual warfare in their lives and seen how God has used these revelations to start them on the path of fighting back against the enemy, again in His power. God provided for the Girl's Bible study on Wednesday night when, the student leaders had a scheduling conflict and God laid a message on one of the student leaders heart to share that was not in line with the Bible study content, but led to fantastic discussion and a further outside conversation that I'll be having with a student. Also on Wednesday, God gave a message to Matt for Christian Fellowship's main meeting, that was refreshing and what the students needed to hear. Following his message students were given the opportunity to write on the board where they needed God's grace in their lives. Praise the Lord the students are giving up areas to walk in God's strength instead of their own. I myself began talking to students about the Bible study that I'll be starting soon about God and Justice, and already I have four interested students! There is no doubt that God is hearing our prayers!

Please continue to lift up this campus and ministry. Pray for the students that God will meet them where they are, in their vulnerabilities, struggles, accomplishments, and any other places God may have them. Please also pray for guidance for Matt and I as we try to follow God each day, living out what He has for us to do. May we be filled with His Spirit and wisdom as we prepare and meet with students. May this ministry be one that is fully operated by God through you our partners and us, as through prayer we are united on this battle front fighting for God's will in the lives of college students.

No comments: